Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take Me Back... to the island of Boracay

I know that the Philippines is blessed with so many good sights and of course boasts with great beaches. Out of the 7,100 plus islands, there is one island I'd definitely go back over and over again... 


Take me back to my home, to a place where I belong... Take me back to BORACAY!



Quite honestly, Boracay has changed a lot from way back.. It used to boast with the long white powdery sand (they said it could take you minutes walk from the shore to touch the water), clear pristine blue shallow waters, picturesque view of the sunset coasting along the horizon.. It was a place of solace, peace and calmness.. Ahhh take me there! 


But now, Boracay has changed. Sand is no longer white in the whole stretch of the island. Parts of the island (like in Station 2 or 3) sand becomes rather darker, tan I must say. Numerous establishments are built EVERYWHERE (from resorts to restaurants to bars to pubs to shopping malls and outlets and the list goes on and on and on...). It has become a place for partying, drinking, meeting different people... It has is no longer a place of bliss for most people. Go there on certain times of the year if you are looking for peace and bliss (not the peak seasons)..


The question is, why do I love going back? Here is a photo of a little reminder I saw in one of the small cafes in bora (Real Coffee) Must try are their Calamansi Muffins and Peanut Butter Brownies!! Yum! 



Be who you are. Say what you feel. 


BORACAY for me is not a place to get wasted, drunk, or high. NEVER was it that for me. Whenever I am in that island, I know I am in for a total relaxation program. The beach is still beautiful no doubt (just don't compare it with way back). There is a certain vibe that you really do forget everything in your city life. You can walk around the beach any time. Swim in the water any time. Get a good tan. Great company. Good friends. Good times. Great island vibe. 




Frisbee. Paraw sailing. Swimming. Sun bathing. Fruit shakes. Sunsets. Skim boarding. Gah... Fun fun fun!

Another thing. One of the best things about bora is the FOOD FOOD FOOD!!
- Chori/Longga burger
- Isaw
- Kropek
- Real Coffee
- Shakes
- White House happy hour
- TWO SEASONS: Pizza!!!
- Smoke
- Talipapa...
- Mongolian
- Juice Bar
- Andoks
- ETC ETC....


Four cheese pizza and Mushroom with Truffle Sauce both from TWO SEASONS. Must try

Take me back...
I just hope it won't be destroyed with so much waste and partying.. SAVE BORACAY. 



Til the next adventure. See you in the island!


Kookie.

LORD HOW MAJESTIC ARE YOUR WORKS. :) 



2 comments:

  1. aaaahhh..now I'm daydreaming about an island getaway at Boracay! Sounds like so muuch fun!

    Hugs,
    The Picnic Girl

    Join my 2nd blogaversaire giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 2nd year anniversary!

    <3

    ReplyDelete