Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Damn That Snicks is Fine

Last August, I was so over winter down under and was already daydreaming of shedding the layers and walking barefoot along the West Australian coast. I knew clogs will be big for Spring/Summer and I have been rummaging like crazy looking for the best clog around.

I was in love with the studs and the peep toe of Tony Bianco's Veri but I wanted something with a wedge like See by Chloé's Slingback Wedge Clog cos I don't have much wedges in my wardrobe. On a stop over in Singapore, I almost had my wallet out for the Topshop's Prima Sling Clog  but I didn't. My shoe-aholic me just wouldn't let me compromise. Lo and behold, I found the perfect collaboration of my inspirations.. many months after!



L-R: Tony Bianco, See by Chloé, Topshop

It was already October and I was still head strong looking for the perfect shoe. I stumbled upon this and alarm bells rang and I could only think of these questions: what, where and when???  Who ever thought when SM Department Store said, “We've got it all for you”, it was for real?  I didn't not until SM Fashion Forum brought Jeffrey Campbell to Manila and the clog of my dreams.  I fell to the floor.  I had to have them!  With a little chit chat and sweet talking their sale assistant, Myra (Thanks!) I was in on a we-will-let-you-know-when-they-are-in list.  And in they came, and the rest, as we say, is history.

Jeffrey Campbell's 100% wood ultra high platform wedge (check!) and luxe dark tan leather upper peeptoe (double check!) with stud detailing and buckled sling strap, the Snick just gave me all I need in my clog.  And I never want to take them off!






Top, Zara.  Pants, Roxy Jeans.  Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell.  Necklace, Bracelet and Ring, Diva.


Luvluv,
Justine

SM Fashion Forum is currently available in SM Department Store Makati.

1 comment: